Thursday 13 August 2009

Kya Aap?

Random Post again...
I have always criticized and been criticized for having soft corner for some lame reality shows. But boy o boy 'Sach Ka Samna' (Copied from MOMENT OF TRUTH) and 'Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao' (Copied from I M Celebrity Get me Out of Here) kick some serious ***.
Now I know, everything is scripted...but who cares? we all enjoyed TITAN's Cup. That reminded me the smart movie I watched (and Missed out to write review of it) 99' quite a cheesy flick that can be enjoyed with bunch of pop-corns ( and if you can tolerate Soha Ali Khan) The movie was quite an amalgamation of match fixing, arrival of mobile fone, some street smart people and some really serious gambling. Boman Irani (who otherwise on verge of becoming Anupam Kher), Mahesh Manjarekar (as awesome crazy gangster) and few amazing supporting cast made that movie really enjoyable. There was Cyrus Brocha also in the movie, an otherwise funny Cyrus (watch that guy rocking Week That Wasn't on CNN IBN) was quite lack lustre in the movie....OK so where were we?
Sach Ka Samna (hence forth referred as SKS), Meena Shah a lady in her late 40's confessed about her extra marital affairs and troubled childhood and believe me without any drama. I secretly wish the SKS should have been hosted by Prabhu Chawla. He is one bloody loser. Watch him while interviewing Rakhi Sawant he behaves as he is holding an ice cream cone in his hand...OK so back to SKS, I might be quite insensitive while watching and in fact enjoying while a lady and her family getting restless (uncomfortable and quite embarrassed) over the camera but that is what something they have asked for. Urvashi Dholakia (Kamolika from Kasauti Jindagi Ki) confessed that she enjoys watching naked men, and Bobby Darling is actually bald.
BTW have you observed that people have better display pics for their facebook account than that for orkut (Including me)? I wonder why few married couples keep their 'together photo' for display? In fact few overly loved couples deleted their individual accounts and created a new joint account. Now that's too much of KJO effect.
There were 3 weddings and an engagement in my project in last week. And every invitation came with a punchline.."Aap Shadi Kab Karoge?" People around me are getting engaged\committed\married left right and centre. And why your public holidays comes on weekends? I haven't been to Mumbai for almost 3 months now, and if I do not plan for it before Diwali. I might miss entire Mumbai Monsoon. Now that's something I have been missing for last 4 years now Mumbai Monsoon and Trekking....Trekking...not that I have been a serious trekker but that is something every Mumbaikar (age 17-33) would like to boast about. Self boasting reminded me Vivek Oberoi, Poor chap! he personifies the saying "Dhobi Ka Kutta" now he is neither with Aish nor with Bollywood. Was 'Mission Istanbul' was his last release? Luckily I have not seen it. I have not seen 'Luck' either. Few people think watching HINDI movies in theatre is downmarket and I think I should stop here. This post is getting really lengthy and boring and I got meeting as well...Oh here comes the pop up.
P.S. title 'KYA AAP?' has nothing to do with content of this post. But could not think of anything else.

No comments: