Tuesday 7 December 2010

Australia- Down & Under

You wont believe but there is a smile on my face while I am writing this post. I always hated Australian cricket team, more after 2003 world cup finale. They were insanely talented and brutally arrogant about it, something that goes hand in hand.
I still remember, 23 March 2003, a day that was earlier remembered as Shaheed din for Bhagatsingh, Rajguru and Sukhdev, but later in 2003 we have seen massacre of Indian Cricket Team in Johannesburg right in front of our eyes.
We all gathered at Sumit's place so we can enjoy the match together, the first ball by Zaheer went for NO BALL, and things just never came back on track. Its more than a decade that we have seen dominance of Australian Cricket Team in all forms of cricket. We all hate to admit but they were simply great, but the greater part is that...they WERE.
I know there are still 2 matches left in Ashes, and I MIGHT need to eat my own words, but somehow I think that is not going to happen. Australians ruled cricket for a long time [just the way West Indies did ] but now it's beginning of an end. They have been down to 5th rank in test cricket and ODI isn't going perfect as well, but Ashes is something that hurts them most [it has got history] just the way Javed Miandad's last ball six does to us.
I wish Australian Cricket team, more humiliating loses and many such embarrassing moments...Amen!!!!

No comments: