Saturday 27 December 2008

Ghajini...Convincingly Filmy

Remember Ghulam?

Where a 5 point someone (I mean literally a 5.2 feet) Amir hits Sharat Saxena (Height 6+) on his face and Sharat goes flat. Thankfully Ghulam to Ghajini Aamir came a long way, because here when he throws Pradeep Rawat in air, you believe that Amir with 8 packs can do that, that's literally sum up the entire movie. It's convincing....filmy but still convincing.


I have watched original Ghajini couple of weeks back, and was fairly surprised with the movie. Yeah, the movie is good. It has every content of HIT movie, I doubt even if you make this movie with Arjun Rampal, it might turn a hit (well that's height of exaggeration). But Romance, Violence, Drama you name it and we have it all.


It's not wise to compare two movies, but still I can't resists myself.


First thing First...In Hindi, they did give reason about why the movie called 'Ghajini' , I heard many versions from my tamil friends, why the film called Ghajini..but the original movie never reveals it. (Similar feeling when I saw 'Aankhen- Govinda fame' I still don't know why the film named Aankhen?)


Secondly, The Hero- I should call them (both Surya and Amir) Superheros, yeah the main lead actor behaves like a Superhero, and why not. He is multi millionaire MD leading his company, deciding where the hoardings of his brand to be place(and I complain about micro management?), sings and dances with his girl and what not!

But Asin steals the show (in spite of Amir being there) she has charm that was missing in Hindi movie heroines for ages now! The last innocent actress I remember was Juhi...(well still she is) Asin blossoms throughout the movie. We along with Mr. Sanjay Singhania just fall in love with her. I must confess, Asin is more likable in Hindi than Tamil. She is silly, loud, stupid (but quite different than Kareena's Geet from JBM) Asin's Kalpana never gets over the top. The girl next door with pinch of social awareness. A moder day Sister Teressa with great looks,

Music...Rehman had a dream run this year. And yes Ghajini is no exception. As "Gujarish" spreads the aroma of first love..."Kaise mujhe tum mil gayee..." depicts the disbelief of Sanjay....that how can he be so lucky?

And there are few things that I did not like...Jiah Khan, she is lady Tussar Kapoor; whenever she is on screen, you curse yourself for not being deaf. She could not carry a role of 10 minutes (Nayantara was rocking in Tamil), no matter how good the Tamil version was I did expect few changes in it's Hindi Avtar, Amir disappoints on that front. The movie is 90% honest to its original script with some obvious modifications.

I know, I am quite late this time, and by the time this post is released you must have been through Ghajini.....It might be best described as Amir's comeback to Bollywood Masala Entertainer...but still do not miss it for Asin.

4 comments:

Prabha said...

And what do you mean by saying
"I have watched original Ghajini couple of weeks back, and was fairly surprised with the movie. Yeah, the movie is good??? Grrrrr... Kollywood also has its standards :P

And Yeah - No idea why he is called Gajini - He kills 18 ppl in the movie - He doesnt give up inspite of having STML! Whatever

Kollyood,Tollywood or Bollywood - I can never like Asin - Forget abt Love! :D

Prabha said...

And yeah - I have no plans to watch Gajini - So no harm :D

The last adam said...

haha...good one as always...abchon, I did watch Ghajini and was disappointed with the Hindi version as well...there was a lot of scope for polish...Btw, do u usually follow tamil movies? if u do, Im amazed! :D

Mukul said...

Well .. I saw it and i feel it didnt meet my expectations! With the hype, start and publicity it received, i was expecting more.
Finally, i m Amir fan than a Ghajini fan, so i will put it this way -
Ghajini might be a SuperHit but for me, its surely not a Aamir's classic!"