Tuesday 2 November 2010

Catching Up - Aisha

There are around 12 odd movies, waiting for me to get watched and to be reviewed. Somehow I have not not watched new movies for last 2 + months, here is my honest effort to catch up with backlog. And first in list was Aisha. With sincere thanks to Ankit, Tushar and Colors Channel who lend me nice prints of most of these movies.
Talking about Aisha, can surely qualify for one of THE most insensitive and absolutely stupid movie of all times. May be I was so much hoping for this supposedly romcom movie, that is why in spite of statutory warning from Prabha, I dared to watch the movie.
Aisha is Bollywood adaptation of Jane Austin's Emma, NOW help me to understand Aisha here....Aisha is insanely rich, supposedly talented girl who spends ~ 60K on her single shopping outing, her hobby is match making two absolutely mismatched people. She treats her friends like a project with no respect what so ever for their individual liking, if one match making fails....no worries, tie your friend with next possible guy you see.
What strike me more is this came from a female director, NOW without sounding a perfect MCP, I still believe women think more emotionally than men. But not here....
Aisha as a character has no charm, depth and sincerity. It is supposedly answer to Hollywood's Sex and the City without the zing of original one.
It has got interesting pairing of Sonam Kapoor [she is pale and I still DO NOT find her attractive] and otherwise dependable Abhay Deol. Alas! no GOOD actor can do GOOD for such a script!!!
Sadly it's not only THE CENTRAL CHARACTER but all other people are so shallow in this movie, all of them are either busy in parties, outing, polo matches or pubbing...Oh what a crap!!
Bottomline Aisha bores you to the core, if you are expecting the gulity pleasure of Sex and the City from this movie. trust me! just stay away from Aisha.

No comments: