Thursday 5 June 2008

This is Not Fare

Date: 5th June 2008
Time: 8.50 A.M.
Venue: Gachibowli Junction (Hyderabad), 5 KM away from Manikonda Campus.

There were 7 autorickshaws standing in a queue. A sight I have never seen in last 30 months (Usually there are 2\3 autowallas fighting to claim passengers for their auto.)
I was pleasantly surprised, the day finally arrived when they learned the importance of queue. But much to my surprise most of the crowd was still standing.
I asked "Wipro?"
Autowala: "Chalo, par 10 rupaye lagege." (generally they cost Rs. 5)
Me: "10 kyun?"
Autowala: "Arey Sir, diesel ke bhaav badh gaye na."
Me: "3 Rupayese woh bhi 1 litre ke liye, yeh toh double kar diya tum logone"
Autowala: " Yahi rate hain ab, aana he to aao."

There were 4 others waiting behind, for me to stop the argument and get into the auto. There was unity within autowalas that I have never seen before. The decision was unanimous, Gachibowli to Wipro would cost 10 Rs.

It was already 9 by now. I said "Chalo"

No comments: